Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Professor: A Poem

September 10th, 2008

The Professor

Life is a professor
With hard Lessons each day
Did we pay attention
Did we the dragon slay?

Life is a teacher
Did I listen well
Did I hear the bell
Did I Show and Tell?

Life is a preacher
Did I learn the verse
In whose land did I dwell
The last supper,
or the bitter silver purse?
Who owns this universe?

Love is a feature
In all our dreams
‘Tis not what it seems
Can bore through walls
But did we hear the calls?

Can snore through cries
But not the sighs
But more -
‘Tis what it defies

All logic
All reason
Depends not the season
‘Tis what it justifies

Only Truth never lies
Excuses it despises
Hides the hero disguises
In just seven tries
It’s brussel sprouts, turkey and Pumpkin pies!

No purple pill.
Nor spiritual chill
Don't wait till
the tear dries
Or the angel flies

No comments: